My name is Catriona and I look forward to getting to know you.
I am a fully qualified Integrative counsellor and registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP).
After my own healing experience of a counselling relationship, I am eager to create a similarly restorative experience for others. I am passionate about empowering others to recognize their own uniqueness by providing an open and welcoming space for whatever you need to explore.
We don’t critique the rose for not blooming fully, we look at its environment and take the current climate into consideration. By looking at its surroundings, we know if we need to move it to a place with more sunshine, water it more often, to trim away any dead leaves or pull away any weeds.
I feel people are very similar. It’s not the person themselves that prevents themselves from blooming fully, but it’s where they have had to fight for sunlight or not to be strangled by weeds that has drained them of their potential. After a time, they tire of the constant struggle, that they can give up and accept unneeded compromises within themselves.
It is my goal to remind you of your potential and to encourage you to take your space so that you can be your full completed self.
- BSc (Hons) Humanistic Integrative Counselling and Psychology from SPTI (The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- Diploma Holistic Therapies from West Nottinghamshire Collage
- Safeguarding & Prevent 2021 from West Nottinghamshire Collage
- Anger, Rage & Relationship – Sue Parker Hall.
- Rage & Shame – Sue Parker Hall
- Two Minds Are Better Than One: Relational Mindfulness – Sue Parker Hall
- M.A.N.: Men as Nurturers (Gathering) – James Hawes.
- The Secret Lives of Men: Ten Keys to Unlock the Mystery – James Hawes
- The Spirituality of Presence – Jeff Leonardi
- Evidence-Based, Ethically-Sensitive and Strength-Based Spiritual Assessment – Spiritual Competency Academy
- Normalising Shame – Alison Ayres
- Using Neuroscience in your Practice – A Polyvagal Perspective Maggi McAllister-MacGregor
- CPD Activity: Islamic Counselling And Muslim Mental Health – Sabnum Dharamsi & Abdullah Maynard
- CPD Activity: Relational Depth: An Author’s Perspective – Mick Cooper
- Volunteer counsellor with MIND.
- Rehabilitation Assistant working with WAD (working age dementia) and challenging behaviour.
- Support worker with male sex offenders with dementia.
- Support worker with men with learning difficulties and dementia.
- NHS volunteer within psychiatric outpatient art and pottery groups.
- NHS volunteer with psychiatric in patients’ art group